I am a software engineer at Google, working on designing novel privacy-preserving algorithms. I received my PhD degree in computer science from UC Berkeley, advised by Prof. Dawn Song in summer 2022. Before that, I received my Bachelor's degree from Peking University in computer science in fall 2018.
Google Scholar /
- Why Is Public Pretraining Necessary for Private Model Training?
Arun Ganesh, Mahdi Haghifam, Milad Nasr, Sewoong Oh, Thomas Steinke, Om Thakkar, Abhradeep Thakurta, Lun Wang. (Authors are ordered alphabetically.)
- FED-χ2: Privacy Preserving Federated Correlation Test
Lun Wang*, Qi Pang*, Shuai Wang, Dawn Song.
Preliminary version appeared at PPAI Workshop @ AAAI 2022.
- Differentially Private Fractional Frequency Moments Estimation with Polylogarithmic Space
Lun Wang, Iosif Pinelis, Dawn Song.
ICLR 2022: the 10th International Conference on Learning Representations. (Acceptance rate: 1095/3391=32.3%))
PPAI Workshop @ AAAI 2022: The 3rd AAAI Workshop on Privacy-Preserving Artificial Intelligence.
TPDP Workshop @ ICML 2022: Theory and Practice of Differential Privacy.
- PRIVGUARD: Privacy Regulation Compliance Made Easier
Lun Wang, Usmann Khan, Joseph Near, Qi Pang, Jithendaraa Subramanian, Neel Somani, Peng Gao, Andrew Low, Dawn Song.
Usenix Security'22: the 31th Usenix Security Symposium.
- CHURP: Dynamic-committee proactive secret sharing. [project page]/[code]
SKD Maram, Fan Zhang, Lun Wang, Andrew Low, Yupeng Zhang, Ari Juels, Dawn Song.
CCS'19: Computer and Communications Security 2019. (Acceptance Rate: 149/934=16.0%)
- DUET: An expressive higher-order language and linear type system for statically enforcing differential privacy. [code]
Joseph Near, David Darais, Chike Abuah, Tim Stevens, Pranav Gaddamadugu, Lun Wang, Neel Somani, Mu Zhang, Nikhil Sharma, Alex Shan, Dawn Song.
OOPSLA'19: Proceedings of the ACM on Programming Languages, 2019. Distinguished Paper Award. (2.5% of all submissions)
- Towards practical differentially private convex optimization. [code]
Roger Iyengar, Joseph Near, Dawn Song, Om Thakkar, Abhradeep Thakurta, Lun Wang. (Authors are ordered alphabetically.)
Oakland'19: 2019 IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy. (Acceptance rate: 12%)
- A generic technique for sketches to adapt to different counting ranges.
Tong Yang, Jiaqi Xu, Xilai Liu, Peng Liu, Lun Wang, Jun Bi, Xiaoming Li.
INFOCOM'19: IEEE Conference on Computer Communications.
- Reviewer: AISTATS 2022-2023, ICLR 2022-2023, Neurips 2021-2022, CCS 2021, ICML 2021-2023, WWW 2021, ECML-PKDD 2021, TDSC 2021, PoPETS 2021-2024, TLMR, ITCS 2023
- Program Committee: CCS 2023, SPAI 2020